We do not intend to put outsourcing companies in this list. The list will have companies that have some of the following traits:
- Established in Nepal
- disruptive innovation
- potential of having a big positive social impact
- collecting and making data available that could facilitate research
- doing research or collaborating with research institutions to build new world knowledge
Table of Contents
General, Daily life, Finance, Business, Marketing
Education and Technology
- "Teachers, Tinkers, Experimenters!"
- "Catalyze an ecosystem that permits the kids they teach to do the things they were unable to do – create innovative solutions to local problems, and make a living while doing it."
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Applying the latest developments in AI to develop novel solutions to challenging problems in natural language processing.
- Team of computer scientists and software Engineers and founded in 2012.
Society, Development and Open Data
Kathmandu Living Labs (KLL)
- "A civic tech group striving to co-create digital tools and information infrastructure so that government, nonprofits and businesses can use 21st century technology to provide everyday citizens the best services."
- Has worked mostly in collecting and visualizing mapping data useful for various socio-economic aspects.
Nalibeli and Galligalli
- "Make people's lives easier by providing information on processes – formal and informal – for accessing government services."
- All Government rules and regulations for public service in one single place with wikipedia style collaboration strategy.
- "A knowledge hub and a learning space for organizations and people that produce, share and use data for development"
- "Open Nepal exists to improve how data for development is produced, shared and used in Nepal by supporting a community of civil society groups, media, private sector, government and academia to share data lessons, experiences, expertise and ideas."
- Tissue culture technology to produce high quality plants